Thread: AED Carb
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2022, 01:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold my EM.
Not Ranked     

Mike,
I have no first hand experience with AED carbs. Looking at their website for the Street/Performance line, it appears they have no provision for a choke, and I assume they have mechanical secondaries rather than vacuum. Those two differences can allow a carb to perform better in wide open throttle / track use scenarios, but they require more patience and driver skill in normal driving. Unless I had a very strong need for absolute top performance, I'd keep what you have. Your first cool day without a choke might be all it would take to convince you.

P.S. I notice you have a dual plane intake. That is an intake more suitable for drivability (e.g., throttle response and and lower RPM torque) than a single plane intake that is better suited for high RPM / peak horsepower applications (e.g., drag racing). As your engine is currently configured in part for drivability on the street, I see even less reason for a new carburetor.
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." - Hanlon's Razor

Last edited by Tommy; 08-26-2022 at 01:16 PM..