Thread: Low on power?
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2022, 12:22 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobragene View Post
It is a 750 not a 780 that’s in my original post. I really appreciate you taking the time to help.
This is a good thread that you might enjoy where we helped our favorite Texas gynecologist get his 4160 in order: Best Way to set the idle mix on a 4160 The big difference between a 4150 and a 4160 is that the former has a secondary metering block and the latter has a secondary metering plate. The vacuum secondary stuff is still the same. I like the 4160, with the right secondary plate, and with the mechanical choke stuff all removed, and it gives me extra room in the turkey pan, which is a custom two-piece removable job fabbed by Bob P. at ERA. I made a couple of other small mods to it, and do a light rebuilt on it every five or so years, and replaced the parts that didn't like ethanol and literally flaked like a snowstorm, and now have it exactly the way I want it (after a good 15 years of monkeying with it ).