View Single Post
Old 09-12-2022, 12:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrision FE 427 so 2-4s
Not Ranked     

I'll be watching this. I have an older replica and have had it for over 23 years now. One problem is the engine was equipped with a Dove Tunnel Wedge dual four intake manifold Leaving no room for big air cleaner, It had two S&H air cleaner that were cut down to meet the inside of the hood. I trimmed the perforated chrome rings so the tops would taper down at the outer edges so they do everything but rub the hood. The garage I used the year before last replaced the foam with a foam that is more restrictive to air flow. I had a thing with bad gas and I delivered and picked the car without air cleaners and it seems to be running better. So, finding a better foam filter material is next thing. The hood scoop it looks traditional but is not really fluctuational. Air boils up the front and goes over the scoop inlet. More air comes out of the scoop than goes in. The car. has been driven in rain and the distributer seem to be protected. I think a bulge with a rear facing opening would be a better fit Protecting everything. I've seen one build that I thought that was the way to go, only to be told they had done it that way to let air trapped under the hood escape. I'd be open to having another hood built with a taller rear facing bulge (it wouldn't be a scoop any longer) open to rear and a little taller to be able to get a better air cleaner system under it