View Single Post
Old 09-13-2022, 08:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrision FE 427 so 2-4s
Not Ranked     

I have a Dove Tunnel Wedge intake manifold with dual four barrel carbs. the air cleaners are actually under the regular hood. The cut out in the hood is back far enough from the opening of the scoop to protect the distributor from the rain and spill on top of the first S&H air cleaner. The S&H air cleaners are maybe 1 1/2' tall, and they have been trimmed so that with the welds between the two air cleaners, the outer edges are slightly lower, absolutely against underside of the hood. I always thought the air cleaners were a limiting factor. The year before last I had some work done and the garage thought they were doing me a favor and replaced the foam filter material with new foam that is more dense. The S&H air cleaners as they sit now are a great limitation. I can feel the difference without the air cleaners. The spark plugs are usually fouled. The side pipes are black. I intend to make some changes this winter, nut for now I have some gas to burn. For now, I need new foam, that will let more air in. The original foam was flat material bent to form a circle and glued or fused at the ends. I'd like to just buy some replacement S&H foam element and trim the height to fit my