View Single Post
Old 09-13-2022, 11:01 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beretta92 View Post
What I prefer and what is available, with so many variants?
I suppose I could post the excel spread sheet Peter did for my build 2 years ago, unfortunately I had a serious accident and put it on hold.
This happened 2 times to me. Once neck, then hand operations.
Now a 2 year wait.
But if my post is too vague for someone. Sorry
Blue, Red, Silver maybe. Drop dash, FIA, depends on the overall look. Roudels, no roundels, stripes no stripes. Depends on the car.
The reason I put both styles is I am open minded to a point. All these cars are custom, and there is more combos than I could pinpoint as a USED buyer.
I doubt I will find my EXACT build.
It always boils down to wants and needs. For me, I always want the top options, heater, wipers, top, dropped floors, proper FIA knock off wheels, on top that if I can get the optional ERA comp rear with the outboard brakes, even better. Colors can always be redone to suit your specific tastes, just make sure you budget $8,000+ for a color, without stripes.

I have all that and more on my current FIA, color has grown on me, but in the back of my head, I still think a guardsman blue or viking blue would make it stand out a little more. As an ex-bodyshop owner, I've yet to decide on whether to leave the tri stage white pearl, or strip and repaint. For now, I'll continue to drive it with a smile on my face.

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS