Thread: Low on power?
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2022, 07:43 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobragene View Post
Maybe I wasn’t very clear but it was the wide zip tie being to tight and preventing sec from fully opening, with that off and a bread tie on they do fully open. My pipes are not overly loud in fact when I built it EM asked me if I wanted loud or louder I chose loud so I imagine they are more restrictive. What do you think of a larger Squirter? Before I try a DP.
Of course the squirter only squirts that one initial squirt when you hit the pedal and the little arm pushes the pump. After you've taken off, and that initial squirt has made in through to the cylinders, that's it for the accelerator pump. BUT, I encourage you to monkey around with the carb. Change the squirter, change the color of the cam, change which screw hole you use on the cam, none of that can really hurt anything and the more you do the more comfortable you get at doing it. The next easiest switch out will be to test a different carb, since it appears you're getting all you can out of the one you've got. But if you click my car's audio track here:

Click Here for My Car's Sound

Does your engine sound kind of like that, or would you say it's much quieter?