View Single Post
Old 09-28-2022, 07:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Alloy Shelby CSX 8057/Kirkham 1010, 289 Vintage Lykins Build
Not Ranked     
Default CSX 3000's at my local Ford dealer

I was surprised to see a couple of 427's in the showroom window of my local Ford dealer in Napa Valley. So, I was intrigued to go inside.

On display and for sale (no price listed) were CSX 3066 and CSX 3067. These, IIRC, are the somewhat controversial Completion or Sanction II CSX 3000's produced 2014/2015 I believe. These are aluminum CSX cars based upon Kirkham with a lot of NOS original parts and an original 427 SO block. I noticed what seemed to be a newer intake manifold and carb.

The cars had no mileage on them (4 and 8) with Montana plates. I believe these cars were originally to be sold as comp cars only, not registrable for the street. But these did have Montana plates now.

The salesman didn't have much knowledge about the cars. He sort of said the cars were built upon an early Shelby chassis (not correct). Perhaps he meant in type not in actual period. I didn't press or question him. I could see Kirkham's billet "Girling" calipers appeared to be used.

Based upon earlier history I suspect they are looking somewhere in the neighborhood of $400K each for the cars. Given that aluminum CSX's have been going for a lot of money that figure might not be totally outrageous given the original parts on board. But, registering the car, at least in California, might be challenging to go down the SB100 route.