View Single Post
Old 09-28-2022, 07:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

If these are the ones... There was a small group of cars that were to be built by/for/and sold by the Shelby Foundation (not Shelby American) there were built as turn key complete vehicles and indeed there were supposed to be "race use only" because of the full build. It was my understanding these were to be built to order and not speculated (ie, build it and they will come) so who knows how many were actually completed. A little research ought to show what the numbers that were to be assigned were.

Supposedly they were to be sold on bill of sale with no MSO, so how they got titled/licensed anywhere let alone in the scam state of Montana is worth looking at. In fact, you should go back and ask to see the titles to find out who titled them. It'll be some sham LLC but maybe they used their name.

These cars WERE built on old frames that were stored in Shelby's Gardena warehouse. I have pictures of them...

If these are the cars I would say it would be impossible to get these through the SB100 process since they had the power train installed by the builders. In fact they would probably be forever disallowed in CA.

Last edited by twobjshelbys; 09-28-2022 at 07:18 PM..