View Single Post
Old 09-29-2022, 03:28 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     
Thumbs down

Just for clarification:

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobjshelbys View Post
These cars WERE built on old frames that were stored in Shelby's Gardena warehouse.
The frames were not 60's or even 70's, 80's constructed, but found to have been built by McClusky and left outside to "age" them, under contract with CS. CS reportedly had some unused MSO/MCO's for unassigned CSX3000 series chassis that he attempted to attach to these frames and build them as "lost" originals. Some NOS parts were sourced from various suppliers, some items reproduced and "aged" like the frames for authenticity. Unfortunately, CS got caught with his pants down, and that is the reason why they could not legally be sold as turn key cars for road use. Plenty of folks (two in Japan come to mind) who have tried to rewrite the history of them to suit their specific wants and needs, but they all eventually get caught in the lie that they perpetuate.

In regards to using Montana to get these on the road, I have no experience with the process, so I can't extrapolate further.

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS