View Single Post
Old 10-02-2022, 10:34 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AK1085 (302), HTM111 (427 Comp), CSX2375R (289 Comp) and Scratch 427 S/C
Not Ranked     

Peter

Not really, remember that Angliss was involved in many restorations eary on as the place to go. "Cobra Parts" later purchased Hurlock interest in the MFG of the cars and Ford invested $ heavily. Remember why old CS left the auto world, DOT and EPA oversight. The MKIV had taken the MKIII into the 80's just getting by DOT and EPA lower limits. AC was at the time legitimate small MFG facility and was also 51% owned by Ford Motor Company. Hard to say what is really true but its known Shelby himself was as Kopec stated a little truth, snake oil and legend.
Angliss cars were UK made, alloy, similar in many ways in structure and legitimate as a car just not a Shelby Cobra however 80's DOT and EPA compliant.

Ford and AC (Brian A) made the MKIV which is considerably different and considerably the same as the MKIII Cobra and until 1986 they were labeled that way on the car MKIV not Cobra. Once Ford was involved, think I remember right they owned the trademark, and they did not allow "Cobra" on the title unless outside the US.
They were, officially the MKIV, sold through Ford dealerships so as SAAC say's they are an interation of the MKIII but not a Cobra and not a continuation at all.
Ford never applied engineering support, eng$, government applications or sold replicas through dealerships with warranty... its a MKIV!

The article is from 1993, so its old news. Based upon the CSX1000 (UK made) cars it would not have surprised me to know Angliss and Shelby did speak however when Ford bailed $ on AC it was the end of the road. Angliss then only really started his full on fued, early 1990's, with CS building true MKIII style cars. Angliss even made CSX4000 cars.. LOL

I always say that all 60's Shelby's Cobras are AC's however not all AC's were Shelby's or even Cobra's. Think that is something we can all agree on...
Attached Images

Last edited by 1985 CCX; 10-02-2022 at 11:40 AM..