View Single Post
Old 11-10-2022, 11:48 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datsunzman78 View Post
Hi bill, currently I’m dealing with the same issue. I have a old mk1, that I’m trying to replace the worn out suspension components. I finally found an old build manual on eBay that I’m waiting on. However as far as parts like the front coil overs I’d like to replace with newer koni if possible but don’t know where to start. Factory five website is useless as they only vary mk4
Parts. Any help would be much appreciated thanks keith
Keith,

Sometimes you are better off creating a new thread instead of digging up an old one. As for the Koni upgrades, if you call Factory Five, tell them your front end configuration (IE: stock Mustang lower control arms, tubular upper, whether you have a slotted upper control arm mount or two separate sets of drilled mounting points, etc), they can sell you the proper front Koni shocks. In addition, you might want to look into their 3 link retro fit kit for the rear, as it transforms the handling of the car from anything they offered at the time your car was built (unless someone has already custom installed an IRS).

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS