View Single Post
Old 11-14-2022, 01:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

They're rubber lines, however I've mostly ruled them out. I did try SS braided teflon hoses, but only tested them while monitoring a pressure guage at the caliper. I didn't try driving with them as they were too long and the SS braid would have caused a bad chafing problem on the upper a-arm.

Just as I've run out of ideas, a new thought just occured to me. I may have screwed up. Although the D52 calipers have slide pins, some of the force on the caliper from the spinning rotor appears to be taken up by the caliper in contact with the knuckle. This is an area where sliding occurs when pushing the pedal. It never occured to me to grease that area. I must look again to confirm this and try some brake grease.

Although the D52 calipers have slide pins, the actual force on the caliper from the spinning rotor is taken up by the caliper in contact with the knuckle. This is an area where sliding occurs when pushing the pedal. It never occured to me to grease that area. I must look again to confirm this and try some brake grease.

Last edited by Argess; 11-14-2022 at 01:56 AM..