View Single Post
Old 11-27-2022, 11:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Jag rear upgrades

Since the ERA rear is temporarily unavailable I was wanting to start a thread about Jag rear upgrades that folks could do that could be beneficial for those that are more track oriented. I plan on tracking my car as much as I can (autocross/ track days at COTA) and I would like to fix some of the minor issues with the Jag rear.
This is meant to be an open thread for those that have done some modifications or have suggestions for areas of improvement.

Brakes: I know the one issue is having the brakes inboard is not great for cooling as well as serviceability. I do plan on upgrading to vented rotors and adding the remote bleeder. I believe I have seen somewhere that there is also a wilwood caliper replacement as well....not sure on that though. Also could add some custom brake cooling ducts to help with temps.

Adjustability: I dont know if anyone has tried building there own adjustable lower control arm (similar to the ERA rear). I think I might give that a try. I do plan on adding the upper track bar (again, similar to the ERA rear). I think that would be pretty straight forward. Make an attachment bracket that bolts to the top of the OEM jag hub carrier. If I sandwich steel plates on the inner and outer of the aluminum carrier I believe that should be plenty strong enough.

Any other suggestions or thoughts on above mods would be appreciated.

My last effort down the road would probably be a complete DIY rear using a fabricated 9" center section/ quick change rear, CV shafts and custom upper, lower control arms. Would also require a cnc'd hub carrier at that point.

Anywho, just curious if anyone has upgraded their jag rear and what success you have had with it.

Thanks
Jason