View Single Post
Old 11-27-2022, 12:09 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: E-M / Power Performance / 521 stroker / Holley HP EFI
Not Ranked     

Jason,

I'm sure you'll get much more learned replies, but that doesn't stop me!

I have an Everett Morrison that uses a Jag rear. It is stock, including 3.8S axles (length == longer than XKE but shorter than XJ) and PowrLok differential. It was built years ago by Mike at Concours West and has lasted many track and street miles, having at present 43K miles under it so far. I don't know if Mike put any special bearings, seals or limited slip friction materials into it.

It does have vented rotors which use custom hats and slightly machined Porsche rotors.

No other mods I'm aware of.

I use a proportioning valve to reduce the pressure to the rear brakes. If you have dual master cylinders you'll use the balance bar to get the fronts to lock up first.

I've worn out a couple or three sets of pads doing track days at Daytona, Sebring etc, but no problems otherwise.

One thing the thicker rotors did require was a tweak of the emergency brake linkage and cable setup. Not difficult but it was necessary to keep that function.

The main thing is to enjoy the ride!

Tom