View Single Post
Old 11-28-2022, 10:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

In todays climate I am not surprised it is getting harder to source parts. The small business that do these type of things are starting to get few and far between.

In the end I am still getting the independent rear with the 6 pin hubs. I like to think I am fairly decent at fabrication and actually kind of enjoy it.

In regard to the ERA rear with jag hubs, I dont think the inboard brakes will fit in the custom aluminum cage and I would still have to make the bracket that would bolt to the Jag hub.

I would like to move forward with using a quickchange rear and CV shafts. I think I am going to try and work on drawing up a 2 piece hub carrier similar to modern vehicles. I need to contact DSS or Mark Williams to see if they are able to make the outer CV splines to match the Jab hub...10 spline that way I could keep the 6 pin hubs. Thinking about if I went to a 2 piece hub carrier I could use a c6 upright and just have a custom bolt in hub that accepts the correct bearings. I think that would be a lot simpler.