View Single Post
Old 11-28-2022, 11:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 4.6 LTR 3V FRPP HOTROD CRATE ENGINE
Not Ranked     
Default Steering upgrade

Hi all, I'm currently recommissioning my 10 yr old but new RT3, while changing out old hydraulic etc steering hoses I found more drama with the e36 power rack, the fluid seals had given out so I replaced the rack with a refurbished e46 rack this also entails new inner tie rods to suit e46. Then while fitting these I realised the tie rods needed shortening by 20 mm or so. I have also retrofitted 2 x borgeson unijoints and a collapsible flaming river steering shaft. This all went smoothly enough and feels great on the hoist but now I realise I still don't have enough thread on the left tie rod, I had previously centred the rack so I presume I just didn't shorten the left tie rod as much as the right. I'm considering taking both the tie rods to a engineering shop to extend the threads upwards closer to the rack to give more play for alignment adjustments. Has anyone any ides on this? I also had a 54 spline stub drive removed from the old rack and had a solid round bar welded to that which fascillitates joins the top universal to the column,any ideas appreciated, Rob.
Attached Images