Old 12-07-2022, 03:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR, Roush 402R
Not Ranked     
Default ford racing wires

Quote:
Originally Posted by 169mph View Post
My 427ir died pulling out of my neighbor. Started back up after a few tries but it was running like crap. I was able to make it back to the house. Before it died I checked each spark plug wire to be sure one didn’t pop off. I don’t recommend doing this with the engine running. The first wire I grabbed shocked the piss out of me. Long story short. I ordered new ford racing 9mm plug wires to replace the roush wires it came with. I was told the ford racing wires were a direct replacement. I checked the resistance in in both sets of wires. The old roush wires were ~400 ohms. The new ford wires measured ~4000 ohms. I thought I would see more resistance on the old wires???? Is this difference enough to worry about?

Appreciate the help. Mike
This is ironic i just changed mine this week also, what i did not like is that the ford wires are too long on a couple of cylinders and have this ugly hump in wire routers , I am trying to find original MSD wires now they fit perfect . Dont be suprised you will have too drill wire routers (holders) for the larger wire

Last edited by BDR0572; 12-07-2022 at 03:41 PM..