View Single Post
Old 12-08-2022, 01:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crateguy View Post
Currently have a 460 installed but I’m tired of fighting the heat issues with this motor. I can get a newly built 351 Cleveland to install but I’m wondering if anyone on here has ever done this. My main concern is engine mounts. Will I need to weld in some new ones or is there a converter of some type out there?
You haven't posted this elsewhere, so we have no idea what you mean by "heat issues". Perhaps more details could help in diagnosing and resolving the issues.

As pointed out by others, there are many running 385 series engines without major "heat issues", so I have no doubt they can be resolved without the heavy lifting (literally and figuratively) of changing to a different engine type.

Regardless, I'd spend some time reading through these tech tips for some guidance on where to turn. https://www.stewartcomponents.com/in...formation_id=6

We don't know what you've tried so far to resolve your "heat issues" but, FWIW, I've seen many threads on various Ford 460 forums or Facebook groups and by far the vast majority of respondents have no idea what they're talking about. They almost universally jump into 'solution mode' without bothering to gather basic information or understanding. Most of their suggestions are pure garbage, founded on folklore - or both.

Picking up the phone and getting assistance from someone familiar with cooling high performance engines is probably not a bad idea. If you have a recognized expert you can actually meet with and who could check out your car that would be even better.