View Single Post
Old 12-19-2022, 07:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2291, Whipple Blown & Injected 4V ModMotor
Not Ranked     

Jason,

Before you begin a modification program you might want to look at Morris' gallery and how he did his rear end. Morris' car is a Kirkham which means it uses a Kirkham version of the Dana 44 but otherwise similar to the Dana 44's you are considering.

While I haven't seen your car and your gallery does not provide any pics of it, I suspect that the Kirkham which Morris uses would perform credibly in the race events you are considering. If that is true you will find a wealth of rear end and considerable other information in his gallery. He is also quite generous with both sharing what he has done and why he has done it.

The best aspect of using Morris knowledge and experience is that, it is track tested. I am going to go out on limb here and suggest his race track performance, which the car has to deliver, would likely be at least comparable to what you are considering.

The investigation might save you monies, avoid false starts, and produce a finished product that could even exceed your expectations. Check out his gallery, I doubt you will be disappointed. He is also easy to talk with and very upfront about sharing his experiences.

Help them do what they would have done if they had known what they could do.