View Single Post
Old 12-31-2022, 02:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrision FE 427 so 2-4s
Not Ranked     

It's mee again still pissing and moaning about my hood. My car was built to do hill climb. in Reneo NV. Nice weather. I'm driving around Western Washington state. Just as you plan anything bet on it raining. The Cobra front radiator opening is going to stuff in the engine compartment. That is what the side vents were for. They went from the 289 roadster to the Daytona Coupe. it had a lowered nose and routed the air from the radiator back out on top of the hood. The Coupes all had metal roofs to get the down force. Then the 427 roadster came as a hot roaders dream. My cars original builder put a Dove tunnel wedge intake manifold ( intended for big sedan). Ending up with no room for much of an air cleaner Wich I need for normal street driving I have 1 1/2" clearance where the air cleaner sits on top of the Carburetor'. I want a raised portion of the hood to make room for a decent air cleaner or those metal tops that are connected to remote air cleaners. So I'm imagining a raise area that would add about another 3" to the 1 1/2" under the hood .Not open to the front keeping rain out from carb and ignition. Rear opening once thought to let packed air out from the engine compartment, turns out to just packs more in. Got to fit between the hood latch handles, The bulge, not calling it a scoop, could go as far forward as Infront of the distributor. I see about 25 " wide and about 36" long, sides tapering in and down to follow the side edges of the hood. Al this on a curved hood surface side to side and front to rear. Ant body seen anything like this and where would I start?