View Single Post
Old 01-13-2023, 09:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa02 View Post
This post reminds me of a good friend of my Fathers, who after coming back from Viet Nam, saved his money there, was going to buy a "NEW" 67 XKE his dream car. At the Jag dealership just happened to be a 65 Ferrari 250GTE, which was $2000 more than a new Jag, made the deal, with the extra $2000 bank loan, and the Ferrari's off to its new home. Only problem was Doug was a welder by trade and didn't have any money left for a truck to haul his welding supplies, you guessed it, for a year that Ferrari hauled welding tanks in the trunk One Saturday my dad asked if I wanted to go for a ride in Doug's Ferrari (Oh You Bet) when we pull up to Doug's shop the DIRTEST looking Ferrari you could ever imagine was sitting there, but once in inside that V12 sound oh'lordy 7000 grand in 3rd gear was good for a 100mph, with two more gear's to go!! I will always remember my first Ferrari ride Cheers Tom.
Ferrari wouldn't have been happy to hear that, lol! They're pretty heavy handed about what owners can do with their cars in the first year of ownership, ie: modifying, painting and even reselling. I read somewhere that Justin Bieber (sp?) got banned permanently from new Ferrari ownership for repainting/modifying and selling his 458.

I also heard years back about a US pig farmer who carried pigs around in his Rolls Royce (or maybe it was a Cadillac?) and was sent a cease and desist letter from the manufacturer. The story goes that he told them to stuff it - said without his hogs he'd never have had the money to buy the car in the first place! Proper thing, I think!
I doubt ol' Shelby would've cared if someone carried a pig or a sheep in a Cobra. He probably would've done it himself if the need ever arose!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...