Thread: radiators
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2023, 06:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 Ford Racing Crate w/ TREMEC TKO 600
Not Ranked     

In the hopes this info will help anyone replacing or planning their rad for their project. I worked with Griffin and had them custom build a rad to my dimensions for my West Coast Cobra. Yes The core uses 2 row 1.25” tubes. My rad sits vertical and is not tilted rearward like originals and other replicas. The goal is to design the tallest and widest rad you can fit in the allowable space. So Im able to fit a core that is 26” x 16” in my app. Im using twin 13” Spals and no shrouding on backside of core. Fans cover 69% of the core surface area. The front fish mouth grill is well sealed and shrouded to force air through the core. In testing on a 100F ambient day, while cruising (above 40 mph) water temp is about 185-190F and 200F at idle while stopped with the twin Spals spinning. Cooler ambients yield lower water temps. Dont forget to maximize water flow with adequate pulley sizes and a quality pump, important for low speed with lots of idle time. My engine produces max 450 hp.

Last edited by kitcarbp; 01-22-2023 at 06:23 PM..