View Single Post
Old 02-01-2023, 02:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane basic kit, 408W efi
Not Ranked     

I’ll take a stab at this, as I’m about to go through SB100 with the Hurricane cobra I’m building. In short, as long as the car is registered as an early model, like 1965, the aluminum heads pose no issue.

My understanding is that when the car is registered SB100 around the 1960s, all that is required is the closed loop PCV. So, one valve cover plumbed to the carb base, and the other to the air cleaner.

The aluminum heads should not preclude that. Additionally, I don’t think you will ever need to recertify it from the smog perspective, so it’s technically a moot point.

A couple examples: my build has aluminum heads, and I anticipate no problems. Another, a local cobra guy is running the 8 separate efi intake system. He just went through SB100. On his initial go through smog, he didn’t have the closed loop PCV, so they made him build an air box for the intakes to be able to plumb the PCV. Of course, once registered, he ditched the air box.

So as long as your registration year is of old, I don’t think the heads matter one bit.