Thread: Loud Exhausts
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2023, 03:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance-Port fuel injected 427 stroker.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa02 View Post
Couldn't agree more redvettx2, I've been most of my adult life a 4-6cly, Rotary guy. Racing a built 6-cly. Zcar @7500rpm, was music to my ears, even the older 911's I passed had they own beautiful sound. A LOUD Rotary was also a perfect? sound. But I will admit, I was always a closet V-8 guy, the sound of a big & small block V-8's on track, well was a tad better. The only things I had V-8 wise towed the race cars, trucks/vans, I never failed to have intake and exhaust done, just for better power (I told myself) for pulling, but deep down I knew I was kidding myself It was the SOUND After retiring from Racing I had always planned on buying a Cobra for the street, the first one a 427S/O, every time it started up, people would take two step backward This last one has a Dart block 347 with 551HP, that has a certain (Crackle) and letting off, the great Burrwrap sound. It's in a friends (Big) hanger for the winter, I fired it up yesterday to warm the oil before changing, the neighbors came from far & wide to hear what kind of Airplane makes that cool sound, oh just Tom with the Cobra. Damn that car sounded good. I've told this story before a good friend once told me my Cobra = 4-Harleys, I said thank you, she said that wasn't a compliment Cheers Tom.
Flipping the air cleaner cover on a V-8 sounded like it was good for 50HP back in the day. Good intake sound rules.