View Single Post
Old 02-21-2023, 12:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters 427, 5.0
Not Ranked     

I finally have gotten back to my CR project. It took a while after trying to settle back into our house in Wisconsin. There was lots of deferred maintenance on the house after being (mostly) in Boston for 5 years.

My body shop took my car in last month. Luck for me, he just was given notice that his lease is not being renewed. He has become a friend the last few years. As a result, he is working on just my CR the last couple of months before he looks to either relocate or work for someone else.

But I am getting the "royal treatment" for my paintjob. I decided to go with a Viking Blue color. I never forgot the EM Cobra I looked at years ago at their facilities that was in Viking Blue (no stripes) with a tan interior.

Since my car had been purchased with a tan interior by the original owner, it just confirmed it as the color combo in my mind.

He is surprised as to how straight the fiberglass is with this 1st generation CR, but he is not happy with the door gaps or how many shims there are to get the door straight. So, off come the doors (they would have come off for painting anyway) and he will rework them. He even purchased a new set of sanding blocks for its curved shapes that he likes to use on fiberglass.

Normally, during the winter, he refinishes a bunch of the seadoos from a local boat rental shop here on the lake. So, he is used to working with fiberglass with lots of curves.
Attached Images

Last edited by Chicagowil; 02-21-2023 at 12:23 PM..