Thread: Loud Exhausts
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2023, 07:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique
Not Ranked     

The experience of driving a Cobra is certainly unique. All of your senses are heightened.

From the sound of the pipes coming out the side, the wind in your hair, the smell of a carbureted engine, and the sight of the world around you being ever so clear.

The drive itself is also quite special in that there are no nannies in play to protect you, except for your seatbelt, experience, and the desire to survive. ��

We have owned numerous V8s through the years, but they have all been in late model examples, such as G8s, Chargers, Grand Cherokees, and even the most recent (my DD) as 6.4L Hemi Wrangler. While they all have the power to enjoy your drive, and the innovation to be reliable throughout the year in all temps, the experience is nothing like turning the key on the Cobra.

It's purely mechanical, just me and the car, no technology (I'm looking at you Microsoft Teams), and an instant teleportation back in time to what I believe the 60s would have been like.

When my wife and I went on our test drive in the Cobra, we both looked at each other the first time I gave it some juice and shifted from 2nd to 3rd at ~5,000 RPM. Simply smiled, and unanimously said the price tag is worth the sound alone.

Cheers!