View Single Post
Old 03-05-2023, 07:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2022 Superformance MKIII-R
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKS427 View Post
Typically, not much more than an hour or 60-70 miles. One exception being the Coronado Trail, 168 miles 3:30.
I think 168 miles would be pushing it for me. Airpark did my installation (427 IR, Tremec TKX 5sp). When I originally picked the car up, Christian informed me that "the fuel gauge works pretty accurately from full tank down to half-a-tank, but after that the guage will drop to empty because "all Cobras do that."
From day one I use my trip odometer as my fuel guage. It ran out of gas on me once...as I was pulling into my driveway (Talk about luck!). The trip meter read 131 miles.

Currently, the car less then 800 miles on it. I'm averaging less than 9.0 MPG. Since it's new and shiny, the car only leaves the garage to attend car shows and back. Rinse and repeat. Some folks find that style of ownership annoying. I personally find newly discovered rock chips annoying.
Next year I'll start doing road trips - with a 50/50 I might pull a Tom Brady and stick with the car show routine for another season.

I'm convinced it's running too rich. Christian at Airpark says no. I called Bob Ream at Imagine Injection last week and he is in agreement that the car is in dire need of a proper re-tuning.
Hey - when you let off the gas and the exhaust starts popping so loud the traffic around you thinks it's a drive-by shooting, or your sitting at a red light and a guy in a giant truck next to you puts his window down and asks if the car has a fuel leak (it doesn't)...ya know it's running RICH!
But Christan at Airpark doesn't want to hear it. "It's running normal, sir".
Yeah, what ev's.

Last edited by Capt Nobody; 03-05-2023 at 11:53 PM..