Thread: Loud Exhausts
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2023, 04:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance-Port fuel injected 427 stroker.
Not Ranked     

Wow I didn't mean to get everyone's panties in a bunch here dam! I get Tony's point but he wasn't there and is playing Monday morning quarterback. I have probably been to more cars and coffee's than many of you combined. I have seen the videos and seen it live when a GT40 on cold tires got totaled in front of everyone and it was not his car! Obviously!

In the videos you see one consistent theme. Zero throttle control. Mash it the floor and hope for the best is not a good strategy. I have had plenty of experience in high performance cars and racing to know my cars and my own limits. At no time was my car sideways, out of shape or out of control. I was even with or past the filmers when the tires broke loose as I was expecting. I wasn't flat footed but rolling into the throttle. You can't go to the floor in any of the first 3 gears in this car without and increased heart rate. Would the POPO have pulled me over. I doubt it. As I was coming down the road I watched 3 cars pull out sideways leaving black marks all over the road. They obviously had more social degenerates to worry about if they were around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XdIfa3LTyk&t=159s

Now there is a sketchy move. A guy who obviously knows his car well but a plethora of bad things could have happened. But didn't.

I get Tony's point and I should have known the fun police is everywhere. If I have to drive it like my TDI it would be for sale immediately. Should have kept my mouth shut but I am enjoying the car and getting to know it.