Thread: Loud Exhausts
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2023, 04:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance-Port fuel injected 427 stroker.
Not Ranked     

@alfa02. First of all I would have to want in the door. I personally prefer driving more than looking at cars, but to each there own. I have plenty of experience in exotic and fast cars with a variety of different clubs. Ferrari, Jag, Holigan, Ducati clubs etc. On track and off track. I have been offered rides by race teams. I have declined some because of some of the other drives at those races. Ron Fellows, Butch Litzinger etc. Butch said I should have raced as I have better car control than most of the guys out there. Yes but I didn't want to be that guy who got in front of Ron or Butch and ruined the day. The guy who took my seat ended up totaling the car hitting a wall and oiling the track. Yes I have been seen drifting a car a time or 2 on public streets- yes the horror. Not once has anyone ever accused me of a stupid pass or endangering another person or their car and being out of control. I have seen many people asked to not return to events. I seen people get hurt bad trying to cash that check you speak about. On and off the track.

To be honest I treat you all the same with zero discrimination until I see what you can do behind the wheel. If you want to see breaking the law run with the crotch rocket gang a time or too. No laws more just guidelines.

On drives. Rule one. Keep it slow and safe towards the back of the pack to access the days yahoo's. Yes I am getting accessed too. Note the yahoo's and stay very clear all day! Let the ambitious chase out the popo up front. Work my way forward to the back of the fast group. Access who is pushing past their ability and again stay very clear. Big wallets can buy fast cars but not skills because big ego's prevent some from seeking knowledge from instructors. Drive your drive and stay clear of the yahoo's.

Was out with the Ducati boys on hot run to Winkleman. I have a Monster 1200 R- Naked bike with no plastic so I am never going to be out front setting the pace. Mid-pack with the fast group is my spot. Do I push them sometimes when I can use my torque off the line or coming out of slower corners before they can get wound up. When feeling good of course I do. But you always ride your ride. You start chasing and following on or off the track you will find yourself quickly getting in trouble. Drive your drive, stick to your lines not theirs. We came up a about 1/2 a dozen Cobras running pretty hard. Front bikes slowed and we bunched up a bit as the road is twisty and not a lot of legal passing spots. On a bike you don't need much to get by and I have seen crazy's just blast the center sandy line and shoot the gap. Mental note- stay clear of this yahoo as he is willing to take way more risk than eye. A little spot opens and boys are back on the gas. At illegal speeds the first bike drops a couple gears and slip the clutch and up comes the front wheel. High speed wheelie pass is way too risky for me but it sure did look awesome. 3 or 4 more bikes wheelie past and then the rest of the fast group. We stopped in Winkleman for gas and as we were fueling up I said to the boys "Cobra's are going to need fuel and we are going to hear their thoughts on a few of those very sketchy passes." I few minutes later the rest of the bikes and the Cobras start rolling in as we were done topping off. Lead Cobra comes straight for us and comes to quick stop and he pops out of the car. He is walking fast and with purpose and this could get interesting as this dude barely fit in his Corba. Looked like he was driving a clown car his head shoulders were well above his windscreen. As he approaches the high 5 hand comes up and it is high 5's all around. "Dudes when that first bike passed me with the wheel above my door he scared the **** out of me. Bikes sounded fantastic at WOT going by. I never hear **** besides my car, lol. And you boys vanished just as fast, dam." We hung out and bonded awhile. Must have been a different club and door. Where are those guys?