Thread: Loud Exhausts
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2023, 05:07 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by redvettx2 View Post
Sunman is 100% dead on. I didn't insult anyone until insulted. I never liked bullies. In fact most of my fights in school were with bullies who were picking on smaller or the new kid. The old man was right. "You run into a bully or bigger kid messing with you. Give them your best shot right in the nose. You might get your ass kicked but I will guarantee you one thing. It will be the last time as they will find someone who will not fight back." True dat!

I understand guys protecting their turf. I am sure I would get along great with Alfa and Mustang if I wasn't attacked. I get the cars at coffee guys out of control thing. This was not that but hey lots of key board warriors everywhere these days. Guys will stay stuff here they would not have the balls to say face to face but such is life post fake Covid.

I had a Z car back in the day and loved it. I'm a gear head and yes I have street raced a bit back in the day. Growing up in the cornfields of the mid-west there wasn't a lot to do but cruise and race cars on a lonely 1/4 mile strip of asphalt between two soybean or cornfields. Only the locals new it exited and that the start and finish were clearly marked but most people could not see them. Stop sign you lined up side by side and raced to the reflectors on both sides the road making field entrances. Well people thought is it was but it was the strip as we knew it. No houses or roads that intersected. Only clue was the black marks side by side launching south. Only damage was a few rutted-up fields or a few rows of lost corn. One of the kids who lost it racing there it was his uncles farm, lol.

Alfa I lived in WA for 25 years. I was part of the start of ERTC in Redmond. We banded a few yahoo's over the years. Living under the rain shadow we have mutual car friends. If you do local car shows you will know Mike and his Red Countach, say hello. Enjoying the car and sorry if a little tire spinning is illegal and but chirping only is allowed. No one was endangered and or anywhere remotely close to that but I get the images in your heads of a young punk side ways, smoking the tires one hand on the wheel flashing the hookem horns signs to the crowd. Relax that didn't happen and wouldn't happen but I get your point sir. Do I enjoy my cars on the street more than 98% of the mutant commuters out there, dam straight. Do I speed, they don't call me Tommy 10 over for nothing. I came out of the womb with 2 points. The thread is about loud exhausts, and it was a loud exhaust story. Ligthen up.
My posts were not an attack, just a personal observation based on your posts. Newbie or not, you only get once chance to make a first impression on most, here, or face to face. In your case, you did not but your best effort towards that goal.

I’ll leave it at that.

Bill S

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS