Thread: Loud Exhausts
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2023, 07:40 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Pacific Roadster, 347 cu.in. 5-speed
Not Ranked     

First off let me say @Laughing_Jakal I look forward to us meeting up, in the near future, and yes, Karl (AZ) said he be happy to get you a ride and believe it or not I trust his driving (90K plus miles just on his ERA). @Redvettex2, we all seem to get along fine, till you did something, that 90% of the rest of us won't do (Showing off on the Street ) We don't need ANY bad publicity (High power Sports Car, goes into the crowd, leaving a car show and kill's 3) One thing you may learn from owning a Cobra "You don't need to prove you or car can do what it looks like it can do" (Everyone) know a Cobra is as BADASS as it look's. If you would have said, "Ok my bad", it would have been dropped, and never brought up again, but for some reason you doubled down, and made it worse than it should have been. I have nothing personal against you, I would have brought it to anyone attention's that posted that, and same for the other guys that have been around Cobras for a while. We really like to keep the new guys around, as some of us age out, hopefully I have a few more years left behind the wheel. If you were to read the first-time poster's, the guy's that have been around for a while, they all tell you/them to take it EASY at first till you understand the Cobras quirks, and there are many. I've Road Raced for 40+years, and my Cobras demand my FULL ATTENTION, even on the street. I hope this clear's up any idea we were against you, we weren't. On a lighter note, ERTC, isn't ringing a bell with me? I belong to or have belonged to SCCA, IRDC, Sovern (16years vintage racing my Yellow Alfa GTV, Car 02) Bremerton Sports car club, Jag, Porsche (NW PCA Region), Z-Cars Northwest, and host of others since the early 70's, so I'm sure we have mutual friends. Cheers Tom.