Old 03-13-2023, 08:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Size 10 Feet
Not Ranked     
Default I learn to drive with ChatGPT

(It could be worse...)

How do I counter oversteer?

Oversteer is a phenomenon that occurs when the rear wheels of a car lose traction and slide out towards the outside of a turn. To counter oversteer, you can follow these steps:

Steer in the direction of the slide: If your car is sliding to the right, you should turn the steering wheel to the right to counter the slide. This will help bring the car back into line.

Lift off the accelerator: When the rear wheels lose traction, it is usually because they are spinning faster than the front wheels. Lifting off the accelerator can reduce the speed of the rear wheels and help bring them back in line. *** Poster's note. Not necessarily the best thing to do with a big engine.

Apply the brakes gently: Applying the brakes too hard can make the oversteer worse. Instead, try gently tapping the brakes to slow down the car and help bring it back under control.

Add some throttle: If the oversteer persists, you can try adding some throttle to transfer weight to the rear of the car and regain traction.

Practice: Oversteer can be difficult to manage, so it is important to practice in a safe and controlled environment, such as an empty parking lot or race track, to build your skills and confidence.

Remember, prevention is always better than cure, so try to anticipate oversteer by approaching corners at an appropriate speed, maintaining proper tire pressure, and avoiding sudden movements.

Last edited by strictlypersonl; 03-13-2023 at 08:42 AM..