View Single Post
Old 03-13-2023, 02:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Updates:

I proactively called the BAR referee Thursday morning and left them a message. The manager called me back and said "this issue happens all the time". He said that since the car left CA and came back, the smog exemption records in the DMV system got wiped out. They can go in and fix this. He said that he will submit a request to add it back in the system and send me an email when done.

Meanwhile... the Manager at the Los Gatos DMV called me back. She said that they placed the case under "suspense" after discussing it with Sacramento. The paperwork will be shipped to Sacramento and they can fix it there. She asked me to come in and pickup the plates, tags, and temp registration in the meantime.

I went, picked up the plates and tags. At least now the car is temporarily street legal.

After picking up the plates I got an email from the BAR Referee manager confirming that it's done and I can go back to the DMV to get the registration complete.

Saturday I went to the local AAA DMV desk and asked the clerk there to check if the registration in the system has been cleared. He said that since it was placed on suspense, we have to wait until Sacramento does it and responds in the mail.

The saga continues with some progress. To their credit, the DMV employee, manager, and BAR manager have been very helpful. Too bad the system itself is broken and operates in open loop.