View Single Post
Old 03-14-2023, 12:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shamrock
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whodeeny View Post
A manual transmission is a major part of the Cobra experience.
I wonder if this love of manuals in sports cars is a part of the American driving culture where autos are the 98% norm in cars and manuals so rare as to denote sporty competent drivers with good driving skills and give rise to positive comment at car shows. Here in South Africa up to a few years ago manuals where the absolute norm in all cars and never built up the kudos for sports driving. Autos used to be almost by special order.

Hence many South Africans are happy with Autos in their Cobras - its maybe a mindset thing.

I must admit that it doesn't matter to me whether my Cobra is manual or auto but now that I have driven the auto for many years I am more than happy with it for 98% of the use profile - especially since traffic got heavier and hence trip speeds slower.

The tunable Vacuum module recently installed is also nice as I can now play with auto shift points. (Maybe need to install a remote adjustment knob rather like a remote brake balance bar adjuster so experimentation is easier another job for the job jar???)