View Single Post
Old 03-14-2023, 05:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA Street Roadster #782 with 459 cu in FE KC engine, toploader, 3.31
Not Ranked     

It’s a personal preference but twice my wife talked me into buying autos for my personal cars. The first was a new 85 Corvette that I sold a 66 427 Vette to buy. It was booooring! Even putting louder mufflers didn’t help. Sold it after 3 years and about 3,000 miles to buy my current 66. Didn’t make any excuses for the fact I was selling it out of boredom. Twenty five years later I forgot - weakened and bought a used 2008 Mustang GT auto for a daily driver following all her - I won’t be able to drive if you get a manual BS. Again - boring. In somewhat a stroke of good luck another driver hit me a year later and totaled it without injuring me. So I went shopping for another one and told her that in no uncertain terms or conditions I was buying a manual transmission. I had had enough of this - I can’t drive a manual BS and she should stick to her nanny car. And I went through another Mustang GT and Shelby GT350. Now, since I’m retired and don’t have to commute or do much of anything else I don’t want to, I do drive her old leftover Highlander for a runaround to Dr appointments, and Walmart or Lowe’s. And that’s OK because I have sold off the Shelby and bought another old car and now have 3 other cars with 4 speed manuals I can drive for fun anytime I want to. But again, if an auto works for you, by all means go that direction.

Last edited by DanEC; 03-14-2023 at 05:53 AM..