View Single Post
Old 03-14-2023, 04:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunman View Post
Check your fiberglass cowl firewall to motor clearance I think that’s the passenger motor mount bracket and your motor is to far back.
If it’s marked LT and the other is RT it’s a Classic Roadsters mistake they did a lot that way.
The rubber mounts are installed opposite of Ford use on purpose by CR also.
The big block frames have equal toe room on both sides of cowl about 12”.
I will double check on the brackets tho, mine are marked, but I remember I used the mount welded in the middle as drivers side.
For what that’s worth.
Sunman. I actually used the manual to determine which fitment went on which side. Do you mean the manual was wrong? I need to look at the fitments and mounts, but as I recall, you can't screw that up because the one mount needs a hole for a metal stud to protrude through. I sincerely hope that didn't mess anything up, other than a fitment at the least that can easily be fixed, but even if they are wrong, and it moves the motor forward, the clearances shouldn't change.

So to clarify, is the manual wrong on which fitment goes on which side, and is there a marking on the mounts that denotes left and right, LT and RT, and they need to be swapped so the left is on the right and right on left?