View Single Post
Old 03-22-2023, 06:13 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapalong44 View Post
The entire VIN is FFR3315K. New to Fords, but I'm assuming this is the stock setup.

Mike
Given you have the stock donor 4 link, you are going to be limited to 245/45/17 on a 17x8 rim in the front, and a 17x9 rim in the rear (stock late model, 1987-1993 mustang offset)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapalong44 View Post
After looking through a few pics online of other MKIIs, it looks like coilovers are a bolt-on? I should have added in the original post that I'm not opposed to making changes to fit 315/17s in the rear. I am a fairly decent welder if that's what it requires.
You are going to need to cut off the rear coil spring (towers) mounts flush with the upper frame, you will then need a SN95 rear (slightly wider than a 79-93 fox rear end), at that point, you are best to spend a little extra money and get the FFR 3 link retrofit kit. You can then add the 17x10.5 rims (94-2004 offsets) in the rear in order to fit the 315/35/17 tires, yet you still might have some clearance issues, again, depending on which rear axle/housing setup you have.

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS