View Single Post
Old 03-23-2023, 09:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Cobra's were not pure race cars, the majority never raced, only a handful were built as outright racers! They did good in SCCA, not as good as the AC Ace 5 straight class championships. The Cobra only had one outright first place finish in FIA races, a MK I car, driven by the great Dan Gurney at Bridgehampton in 1963. As for the FIA Chamionnat du Monde des Constructeurs, ceased to exist before the first tube was cut at AC for CSX2000, so no world championship! The Daytona's did win the Class III in 1965. In 1964, they lost, not because of Monza, but the real last race, the Tour de France. In the Cobra's defense, that race was a diabolical course, designed to kill cars! 64 was no different, with over half the cars not finishing, and one by one all five Cobra's died! Ferrari won again. I do agree, that to many have been told they need way more power then can be put to the road. In the end, build what you want, slandered or auto, it will be more exhilarating then any Corvette! Cheers, Dennis