View Single Post
Old 03-25-2023, 12:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shamrock
Not Ranked     

Dominic - what you say might happen but not in my experience - on Killarney race track I can leave it in second (when in gated shift) from entering Hoals Hook to exiting Malmesbury Sweep. Never had an unexpected down or up shift although I am sure that if I left her in drive that might happen. Second gives me up to 160 KPH (100 MPH) and I stay well within my motors torque band. I don't really believe having a manual would make it any more fun having driven the following manual cars on that track - Group N Toyota Conquest 1300 3 Valve; MK1 Racing Golf GTI; 3.6Liter Single Seater and GT40.

I must admit the only manual that I felt added to the experience was the Sequential box in the single seater which was fantastic. I wouldn't mind one in the Cobra although it might not be that much fun in traffic (Finding Neutral can sometimes be tricky - or was in that car).

Off Topic - The car I enjoyed most was the Toyota which opened my eyes to how much fun an under-powered sweet handling car can be to drive in anger. In fact if I ever bought a car for track days that's what I would buy.

Last edited by Snake2998; 03-25-2023 at 12:58 AM..