View Single Post
Old 03-28-2023, 06:42 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hi,

I have a special ordered 1969 Cobra that has some things the other 69s never had. They were mostly made from 68 Fairlane bodies that were shipped to Holman Moody to do the aero work on. I could feel the weld seems under the paint where they changes some of the stuff and rounded off the panels. The only reason I even knew about them was the Ford dealer here was a friend of mine and he could special order one so I got it. So far as I can find out and this may be incorrect I am the only original owner of one as any others sold have changed hands , been destroyed, or have been highly restored to above what they came from the factory as. For some reason Ford wouldn't let them make reproductions of the ram air system like mine has and only a few came with the finned aluminum valve covers that have the Cobra stamped into them. Ford was supposed to sell 5,000 of them to get them certified for NASCAR but I think there was some creative paper work concerning that number as the registry which is only 3 pages long doesn't show that number being sold.

Ron

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery