View Single Post
Old 03-28-2023, 06:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters 427, 5.0
Not Ranked     

Thanks guys. Alfa02- BRG was a close second for me! I think my 1st 5 out of 6 cars were a shade of BRG! XB-60, Seeing your build was the final push to go with Viking Blue.
"
Kind of funny, I was recently diagnosed with Dypytren's Contraction. It's common name is - wait for it- "Viking's disease"! People, mostly men, with strong Northwestern European blood are most prone to get this problem. But, hey, at 70, I can't expect to never have any health issues!

It causes your last one or two digits to curl into the palm due to permanently contracted tendon. Not a whole lot they can do that is a 100% cure. This and the Lotus 7 I am working on may be my last cars because it get more difficult to handle tools.

He knocked it out of the park! I got to see it today- still in the booth. The color looks even better in person. He has to color sand it & buff it yet. I am very pleased with the paint and really like the scoop.

The scoop is not like an original 427, but the whole car is more of a "tribute", and I always accepted that.

I have always enjoyed the story as to how the riveted scoop came to be. They had tried a new config for the motor intake and the hood would not clear. So, someone went down to the closes speed shop and grabbed a fiberglass scoop, cut a hole and riveted it in place.

Then, it somehow becomes an "engineered add".

The color seems to really enhance the curves, IMHO.

Last edited by Chicagowil; 03-28-2023 at 06:42 PM..