View Single Post
Old 03-29-2023, 09:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX48xx from South Africa
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by krausewich View Post
4000 body is unique.. no other brand has the 'same' shape that I know of. Repair parts could be had if you know a guy that knows a guy.

For the glove box. 3000's didn't have lockable glove boxes. You can find the correct enough handle for it on certain 427 parts sites. Otherwise, 289's used an Aston Martin handle which was lockable.

You are in Vegas, I presume you have already hit up SAI to see if they may have what you need? No sense turning to south africa, when the home office is there.

MK
Tony guided me to Hillbank or Superformance the only distributor of their parts. I know a guy that knows a guy and I will have a much better end result. My car is not that bad I removed a few bent brackets and stuff is falling into place. Funny, I have collected keys over the last 30 years and I took them all out to see if I had something that worked. 1st key I tried was capable of starting it. It was a gas cap key. I wish I could see an ignition key from someone. I guess biggest theft deterrent is nobody can drive a stick! Lol