View Single Post
Old 04-11-2023, 08:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters, 347 stroker
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roylerumble View Post
Watching one get built now, building mine as well.

According to the hotrod shop building one, they have used all the different harnesses on the market, and Haywire sells a very nice kits. They have a "cobra " kit, but also a bigger 14 fuse kit. Wadson's hot rod shop says they use good heavy gauge wire, heavier than painless, and I spoke to the owner, and he will make whatever changes you want as well (ie floor dimmer, dash dimmer with multi position switch, riostat, key on column or dash, changes to signals and tail lights). I saw Wadson's install and it was very clean, no ugly bulkhead under the hood in the firewall. Nice neat box tucked up under the dash. I'm planning on seat warmers (in Canada), mild stereo (I know, the side pipes will prob make you unable to hear it),
I just called and spoke to the owner of Haywire, and he is great! He builds each of the harnesses to a standard spec or a special spec if you want, and his price is VERY good. Three custom Cobra builders use his harnesses and all American made too! I will sell my Chinease Ebay harness that came with my car and get his when the time is right. I need to stop cutting the frame up and start assembling of course.