View Single Post
Old 04-20-2023, 03:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters 427, 5.0
Not Ranked     

Well, a slight mishap during the reassembly. I had installed the windshield. It was a bit tight in the center of the cowl, gap on the sides. I am sure the mold just varied and the curve a bit too much. As I started to attache the side wings, I made sure the screws were not too long. Started on the visors, checked again the the 1st 2 holes are clear. Did not check the 3rd hole, "CRACK". It appeared the glass had been forced to the top of the frame on the passenger's side and the screw just nicked it.

Then, to add to the bad week, 2 days later we fly to California to visit the kids for the 1st time since last summer. My wife complains the next day after we arrive that she does not feel well. We go to a nearby outpatient clinic- they test her and she is positive for Covid! Two days later, I have it as well.We cannot figure out who we got it from, no one we had contact with in the last 10 days had any symptoms.
Luckily, we were to stay at some friends guest house. So we have quarantined and can now travel home soon as we can get a flight back. But, we did not get to see our kids or friends as intended.

This has been an expensive and disappointing month!

I am just afraid of the old "bad luck comes in threes"!