View Single Post
Old 05-05-2023, 05:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters 427, 5.0
Not Ranked     

I had the dash recovered in a nice black vinyl. The original beige cover had been pretty beat up over a period of time.

Now I have been working thru the wiring.

As I tried to figure out the wire runs, I realized the fuse block had no labels for which fuse protected which circuit.

I suspected it was a custom aftermarket harness, but nothing had a name on it. I guessed the fuse block was possibly a Painless Wiring unit. It turns out it is the same block as used on the Chevy C10. It makes sense since the steering column is a Chevy Chevette, the connectors needed are the same on the column. The wiring numbers are different from the C10. But the fuse layout seems to be the same. I can only guess Painless made it custom for CR or CR made the loom using the Painless fuse block. I suspect the former.

I have added electric door poppers and trunk release.

Never liked the bicycle cables with the derailer handles on the door sill to open doors and trunk.

Now, after a serious conversation with a Cobra parts supplier as to why he had not shipped, I will finally get my last remaining shifter & boot parts for the interior and a trunk support.

Then I can install the carpet, then the dash and finally the seats.

Next on to finish the last fuel connection for the fuel filler. Then I can finally start the motor!