View Single Post
Old 05-09-2023, 08:52 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA 'Street' Build
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by icrashalot View Post
Hey, Tim I just saw your questions and so I will do my best to answer them. First is the carb is a double pump, Holley. Nothing special. Intake is a Cobra Hi-rise manifold. I didn't degree the cam so I can't comment on the cam but the lifters are just hydraulic lifters. No roller lifters, nothing at all to make me think hi-performance. Distributor? It has a stock dist in it because the HMI dist won't work on this motor using that intake manifold. Dist is too big and won't sit down in there like it is supposed to. The whole thing is kinda depressing really. Nothing special except for it has a 10-quart oil pan on it. Hope this helps, also I did a longer assessment below.

Hello icrashalot,

First and foremost, welcome to Club Cobra!

Thank you for the feedback regarding my question about Holman - Moody Small Blocks and the experience you have with the motor in your boat. As noted above, this thread is over 10 years old, but for those that are interested, I can provide an update.

I selected Tom Lucas, FE Specialties, to build a small block for my ERA FIA. Details and some photos can been seen in my build thread. Page 14, post 263.

ERA 2136 Build Log

The car has been on the road for about 11 years now and I absolutely love it, each and every time I fire it up and head out for a drive. Motor runs great and suits the car well and I am very happy with the overall build, both the motor and the car.

Best of luck with your projects, is there a Cobra in your future?

- Tim