View Single Post
Old 05-15-2023, 10:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hello:

I am now a member of this forum and the new owner of AK2003. Although my name is Eric Lipper for some reason my account under that name got screwed up and I gave up trying to salvage that account. I will be Docket for now because, you guessed it, I am a lawyer and that is also the name of my sailboat. If any of you are in Texas my only claim to fame is that I am on the Board of Keels & Wheels which is a pretty good concours show that happens each year in Seabrook, Texas.

Now for the car. It is a low mileage example with all of the good and bad of these later produced cars (i.e. the Fox body EFI engine). I was the second bidder on the car on Bring a Trailer so everyone can read where I stopped in the auction and, of course, the reserve was not met. I bid the same price as the one I tried to buy that was on PCARMarket a few weeks ago but chickened out because it had more miles than I wanted and a little paint damage. The good news is that when the reserve is not met, and a sale is later negotiated, that direct sale happens without a fee being owed by the buyer to Bring a Trailer. So, in essence, that $5000 fee that was going to be charged if I had been successful evaporates.

In a sense this is my second rodeo on one of these cars because I owned an ERA but sold it because it was really not built very well. I remember these AutoKraft cars from when they were sold new and remembered that they were nicely built and with good attention to detail. Nevertheless, I really have to thank 1985 CCX for giving me good advice and spending lots of time on the phone. By the way, I have a pretty good collection of Fords (all red) and this adds to the mix. Here is the teaser on my Fords (a) 1964 pre-production Mustang SN140; (b) 1966 Shelby GT350 #889; (c) 1967 Shelby GT500 #2714; (d) 1969 Shelby GT500 convertible; (e) 1969 Boss 429 KK1658; and (f) 1978 Mustang II King Cobra.

AK2003 will be in my garage in a couple of weeks.