View Single Post
Old 05-24-2023, 09:03 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary, FE, Tremec TKO 600
Not Ranked     

I agree with you guys, lost in this whole ridiculous situation is the fact that this is a VERY cool car. A bone stock, very heavily optioned Hemi Challenger in near original, unrestored condition is incredibly interesting. I wonder what the car itself is honestly worth without the obvious bull$hit story attached to it?

Redvettx2, I agree with you completely on the definition of value. Anything is worth exactly what someone will pay for it. This buyer either didn't do his homework, or he believes the story and feels the story is worth the massive additional amount that he paid for the car. That said, it's still a scam. To me, and I believe to most, a "scam" is a dishonest situation deliberately fabricated and set up specifically to extract something of value from someone (typically money) for something of significantly less value in return. It's always based on some form of deliberate deceit in artificially inflating the value of the item offered. For example, false contractor calls to the elderly come to mind to illustrate this point. These sellers are lying. The story is very obviously false and completely fabricated. The story has only one purpose, which is to deceive some naive and unknowing buyer into artificially inflating the value of the car. This guy spent what he spent on the car. Whether or not he believes the story, or he got hoodwinked, that doesn't change the fact that is is 100% a scam. Someone who is elderly and taken advantage of is an innocent victim of a scam. This buyer isn't an innocent victim, he is simply a fool. That's on him. He fell for the scam. The fact that he fell for it doesn't change the fact that it's a scam that worked as intended.

Last edited by 767Jockey; 05-24-2023 at 09:08 AM..