View Single Post
Old 06-26-2023, 09:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289FIA 2131, 331 stroker by Dan Dalena with 48 IDAs by Jim Inglese, AC Cars AC8 "Rosso Chiaro" (PPG Nexa code FG39) by Connecticut Custom
Not Ranked     

Hello again!

It's hard to believe I took delivery of ERA 2131 twelve years ago in May 2011. The past few years it wasn't registered and in storage. About a year ago, the car went back to New Britain and Peter P. and the crew replaced, replated or recoated anything worn, tarnished or otherwise compromised by age. I've had it back since April but, despite the best of intentions, it's just sitting in the garage. It may be time for a new home. I thought I'd give this forum a heads up before I formally list it.

BTW, it's now registered in New York as a 1964 ERA, vin number ERA2131! It also sports a 1964 New York plate. For historic plates, New York law follows the practice of the year the plate was issued and, happily, in 1964 only rear plates were required.

I'll get some current pictures up in due course, although it hasn't changed a bit in the interim, other than replacing the Florida "antique" plate with the New York "historic" one.

Jeff