View Single Post
Old 07-28-2023, 12:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa02 View Post
Update: How do I start to describe the "Crazy Journey" I've been on in the last 48-72 hours "Kevin2", you're a one million gentleman Thank you for ALL your Help, you will always be known to be part of this !! I do now know the (Holy Grail) Gumball Trophy, is the "One & Only" and this is the REAL ONE Everything we have learned, from let's call the Gentleman (Chris) since that's his name, came out correct, from who he got it from, to who he knows, and the business he's in confirms that. I've been asked what kind of gentleman he is ?? The best way to sum him up "He could be a Cobra Owner" I know a few guys bought a Cobra because of this Movie, not Chris he bought a Ferrari Daytona, and then a Ferrari Daytona Spyder, instead of a Cobra Now we come to what to do with it, we both agreed, it needs to be shared, and not put back away in someone's collection, never to be seen again As he relayed to me, he paid a "handsome sum" for it, and just needs to be "Whole again" We believe, the best two places, would be "Shelby American Collection" or "The Cobra Experience" Now I don't know if either could afford to buy it outright or??? Any Ideas Guy's. Give me your thoughts? Nothing is happening anytime soon, as he is enjoying the time with it and the other pieces that came with it> as always Cheers Tom. P.S. Never thought I would be involved in this Historic piece.
You apparently know Steve Volk so you could approach him, but most likely the response will be "we gladly accept donations" (that was the response I got...) It might be a different answer if it were something for his own personal collection.

By the way the Shelby American Collection DOES display things owned by others with credit so if someone wanted to loan it they would probably find a place to display it. I had it all set to display my Ford GT over the winter of 2013-14 but then the flood happened and I couldn't get the car out of my house due to flood debris. And yes, it went on for a year.

Won't make it to the party this year again due to travel conflicts. We'll arrive Sunday but won't make it to the party due to a conflict on Friday.

Last edited by twobjshelbys; 07-28-2023 at 12:38 PM..